Combining an incredible 27° ankle motion and significantly greater ankle power than a conventional carbon fiber foot, Pro-Flex has been developed specifically to enhance protection of the sound side. It closely mimics regular biomechanics, delivering a proven 11% reduction in load on the contralateral limb.
• 27° ankle motion
• Helps reduce load on contralateral limb by 11%
• Exceptional energy return
• Innovative pivot mechanism
• Aesthetically pleasing, anatomical footcover
Össur recommends using Pro-Flex in conjunction with the sleeveless vacuum suspension system Unity®, which adds minimal weight and no extra build height, and does not interfere with Pro-Flex dynamics. Unity is designed to provide secure suspension in combination with Iceross Seal-In® technology, while stabilizing volume fluctuations and maintaining comfortable socket fit throughout the day.
The Kinterra Foot/Ankle System combines hydraulics and carbon fiber technology to provide low to moderate impact K3 ambulators an exceptionally normal walking gait – regardless of surface angle or speed. The results are rock solid stability and the confidence for users to choose a new path.
Kinterra's articulating ankle delivers:
• Increased ground contact and a more symmetrical gait
• Improved stability and safety, especially on slopes and varied terrain
• Reduced socket pressures for healthier residual limbs
• Enhanced comfort while sitting and squatting
• User confidence and satisfaction
The BiOM® Ankle is the only prosthesis with powered propulsion for enhanced mobility.BionX™ is committed to offering bionic solutions that restore normalized function and quality of life for people with amputations. More than 1,000 people have experienced the power of BiOM Personal Bionics.
People who use the BiOM Ankle have experienced:
• Walking farther and faster
• Reduced joint forces which may result in less pain
• Improved safety and stability on variable terrain
• Easier climbing of ramps, hills and stairs
There are various power, control, and stability improvements that the Biom Ankle provides:
• Emulates the function of your lost muscles and tendons.
• Energizes every step, so you will have more stamina to walk farther and faster – even up ramps, hills and stairs.
• Mimics normal ankle movement to enable a more natural stride.
• Centers your alignment to reduce joint forces which may result in less pain.
• Dynamic resistance controls the ankle movement from heel strike until you push off your toe.
• Provides the balance you need to feel confident on any surface.